コーニング市友好訪問団の「 Letter from Mayor Totsuka to Mayor Lewis 2005 」
「 Letter from Mayor Totsuka to Mayor Lewis 2005 」の書込一覧です。
Letter from Mayor Totsuka to Mayor Lewis 2005
【閲覧数】1,205
2010年06月26日 10:49

Mayor Totsuka

August 16, 2005

Dear Mayor Lewis:

I would like to be delighted to hear of the continued development of Corning city. And also thank you for your warm welcome to the first delegation to Corning city from new Kakegawa city after the merger with Osuka town, Daito town and Kakegawa city on the 1st day of April, 2005.

I appointed Mr. Sumio Naito, the most trustworthy member of city council to bring my letter and the protocol for our Sister City Affiliation Program to you when he visits your city as the head of the delegation this time. Corning Japan K.K. is located in old Osuka town. And it is one of the most important companies in Kakegawa. On behalf of Kakegawa citizens, I would like to thank you for the great contribution that company has been made to any further progress of Kakegawa.

I have heard that Corning is close to New York, the representative city around the world and is surrounded with the natural beauty. During my mayoralty, I sincerely wish to visit Corning in the near future.

In 2006, we are now planning a big event for Kakegawa castle throughout the year. And I hope you and many Corning people will visit Kakegawa during that time.

Sincerely yours,

Shinya Totsuka
Mayor of Kakegawa

書き込み数は2件です。
[ 日付順 ] [ 投稿者順 ]
Re: Letter from Mayor Totsuka to Mayor Lewis 2005
【返信元】 Letter from Mayor Totsuka to Mayor Lewis 2005
2010年06月26日 12:30
ゲストさん、いろいろと有益なご指摘ありがとうございます。

英文は、原文のまま掲載したつものなのですが、、、。
でも、misspelling は直すべきでしたね。
英単語の分割については、我々の校正画面と公表画面のサイズが違っていて、私の能力ではどうにもならない状態ですので、ご理解ください。

シンちゃん

Re: Letter from Mayor Totsuka to Mayor Lewis 2005
【返信元】 Letter from Mayor Totsuka to Mayor Lewis 2005
2010年06月26日 12:14
“I would like to be delighted to hear of the continued development of Corning city.“ は
“I am much delighted to hear of the continued development of Corning city." で充分と思います。

“Siter City Affiliation Program”
大切な箇所のミススペルは絶対に避けるべきでしたね。
"Siter” → “Sister”

“I would like to thank you for the great contribution that company has been made to any further progress of Kakegawa.” はどういう意味でしょうか?
“I would like to thank you for the great contribution you have so far made to that company for further progress of Kakegawa.” と感謝を表したかったのでしょうか?

“I have heard that Corning is close to New York,”も“I hear that Corning is close to New York,”で充分と思います。

行の終わりの一つの英単語が分割されてしまう事を改良していただきたいと思います。